- Attend tabling events (Beach Clean-Ups, community events, LBWD workshops, etc.) and share information about the OFG program.
- Attend Lawn Patrols: meet with a group at a designated residence/business and walk the neighborhood to identify potential OFGs, talk with home/business owners or leave OFG brochures.
- Attend an OFG Basics or Hands-On Workshop which is led by professionals and provides greater knowledge & experience.
- Attend an OFG Work Day: Commune with Mother Nature & make a real difference by assisting home/business owners with removing their lawns, creating swales, and planting OFGs.
- Research the LBWD Lawn to Garden Program website for potential OFG qualifiers and make contact with them to determine their interest in:
- An OFG evaluation for those who have completed the program.
- Assistance with creating an OFG while working through the program.
*Times vary for all of these events. Tabling events usually run 1-4 hours, but how long you stay is up to you. Lawn Patrols are usually 2 hrs. & it’s better if you can do the whole thing. The Basics & Hands-on Workshops are about 3hrs., you don’t have to stay the whole time. The Work Days are typically 6 hrs., but you can work any part of the day. The Research & Collection times depend on you; you can earn as much or as little as you like depending on how much info you relay to me.
Please email me at email@example.com to get involved – Thanks!